To install your Thawte SSL Web Server Certificate on a CPanel Mail Server, perform the following steps:
Step1. Download your certificate together with the intermediate certificate required.
1. You will receive an email when your certificate is issued.
2. Download the Thawte Certificate with the solution: SO13187
3. Copy and Paste the Thawte certificate in the X509 format to Notepad and save as a cert.pem
4. Download the Thawte Intermediate CA for SSL Web Server certificate: AR1384 and save this using Notepad as well and save as intermediate.pem
Step2. Install your certificate
First you need to import the Thawte root certificate into your server. You can obtain the SSL Web Server certificate root certificate by following the instructions in the following solution: SO4362
1. Copy the Thawte root certificate into a text editor such as notepad and save as root.pem
2. Create a new file (yourcert.pem) consisting of your private key and your certificate file:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
3. Then save the file as yourcert.pem in the /etc/ssl/certs/ directory.
4. Copy the root.pem file to the /etc/ssl/certs/ directory.
5. Copy the intermediate.pem file to the /etc/ssl/certs/ directory.
6. When you are setting up the SSL support you will need to access the stunnel configuration file which will probably be available at etc/stunnel/default/stunnel.conf .
7. Open the stunnel.conf and locate the following directives (they may be commented out by #). It may be necessary to add the above directives if they are not present.
8. Restart your web / mail service for the installation to be completed. In some instances, it may be necessary to physically restart the actual machine.