To install your QuickSSL Premium certificate on C2Net Stronghold, follow the instructions below:
This document provides instructions for installing your SSL certificate. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, we recommend that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports C2Net Stronghold.
Step 1: Obtain the GeoTrust DV CA Certificate
a) Download the GeoTrust DV CA from the following solution: INFO
Note: Be sure to use Vi or Notepad as word processing programs like Microsoft Word may add additional characters that may render the certificate unusable.
b) Copy and paste the GeoTrust DV CA into a text file and save as "intermediate.pem".
Step 2: Install the QuickSSL Premium Certificate
- Download your certificate as per the instruction on the following solution:
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal (e.g., certificate purchased through Retail or Partners), refer to solution SO15168
- If you already have a temp cert in your /ServerRoot/ssl/certs directory, move or delete it. Run the command "getca servername" where "servername" is the same name created during generation of the key or certificate request ("genkey servername" or "genreq servername").
- Return to the notepad file: cert.txt containing the certificate and copy and the content, as shown below, to your clipboard:
- Paste the contents into the terminal window where you've run "getca".
- Enter Control-D or the appropriate EOF character for your terminal.
Step 3: Installing the Intermediate CA Certificate
- Change the SSLCACertificateFile directive in your httpd.conf file to this: SSLCACertificateFile certs/intermediate-ca.cert
- Return to the notepad file: intermediate.txt listed above and copy the certificate contents as shown below to the clipboard:
- Paste the content into the file "ssl/certs/intermediate-ca.cert" located in your ServerRoot directory.
- Restart the server, in order for the settings to take effect.
Step 4: Verify certificate installation
- To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the GeoTrust Installation Checker