If you use a SafeNet iKey or SafeNet eToken for authentication, your
certificates are stored on the token. Although the SafeNet
Authentication Client attempts to install its drivers into Firefox if
available, this doesn't always work. This KB article explains the way
to do this manually.
- Open Firefox.
- Open up the Options menu. Depending on your version of Firefox, this can be done through the main menu icon on the right-hand side or through Tools > Options.
- Click on the Advanced section at the top and then click on the Certificates tab.
- Click on the Security Devices button.
- Click on the Load button.
- Type in SafeNet as the Module Name.
- Click on Browse and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\eTPKCS11.dll.
- Click on OK on the Load PKCS#11 Device window.
- Click OK on the Device Manager and OK again on the Options menu.
You should now be able to use your certificates on your token for authentication using Firefox.