Authentic Document ID's give you access to the tools you need to produce non-repudiable proof of a document's state at a particular point in time.
To obtain an Authentic Document ID and take advantage of this service, all you need to do is download the Personal Trust Agent (PTA) and ActiveX
control, and apply for an Authentic Document ID. The downloads are automatic and have been incorporated into the application process.
Most Authentic Document ID applications are approved within two to four days. You can track the status of your application at Symantec's online status page.
Before you begin:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) must be installed as your default Web browser in order to download the PTA and ActiveX controls, and complete the application process.
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
Downloading the PTA and ActiveX control
- The download process begins on the Authentic Document ID enrollment page. After reading the following download instructions, you can begin your enrollment for an Authentic Document ID here.
The Security Warning window will appear if the Symantec Personal Trust Agent (PTA) and Authentic Document Active X Control have not been previously installed on your computer.
- Click Install
- You are prompted to install Symantec Personal Trusted Agent ActiveX Control. Click Install
- Allow the ActiveX Add-on / Module to run on your computer. Click Allow
- Complete the application for the Authentic Document ID, then click Submit.
Note: Please take the time to review the End User License Agreement (EULA) before you click Accept.
Creating New Profile >>