This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Domino R5.
Step 1: Download the Root and Intermediate CA Certificates
Ensure that the correct Root and Intermediate CA certificate
has been selected for your SSL product.
To check which certificate type you have purchased, follow the steps from this link: SO13499
- The theantec certificate will be sent by email. The certificate will be included as an attachment (Cert.cer) and it will be
also imbedded in the body of the email. Copy and paste the certificate into a text file using Vi or Notepad.
Do not use Microsoft Word or other word processing programs that may add characters.
The text file should look like:
Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white space, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
NOTE:The certificate can be also downloaded from the Symantec Trust Center account by following the steps from this link: SO8061
When downloading the certificate, please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
- Save the file as SSL.txt
Step 4: Install thr SSL Certificate
- In Notes, from the administration panel, click System Databases and choose Open Domino Server Certificate Administration (CERTSRV.NSF) on the local machine.
- Click Install Certificate into Key Ring
- Enter the file name for the key ring that will store this certificate. You created this key ring file when you created the server certificate request.
- Choose one of the following options
- If you copied the contents of the certificate to the clipboard in Step 1, select Clipboard in the "Certificate Source" field. Paste the clipboard contents into the next field.
If you received a file that contained your certificate in Step 1, detach the file to your hard drive and select File in the "Certificate Source" field. Enter the file name in the File name field.
- Click "Merge Certificate into Key Ring."
- Enter the password for the server key ring file and click OK to approve the merge.
- To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Symantec Installation Checker
Lotus Domino R5.x