This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for IBM HTTP Server running IKEYMAN. If this document can not be used on the server, RapidSSL recommends that IBM be contacted.
Step 1. Create a Key Database File (.kdb)
- Open the IKEYMAN Utility
Windows: Click Start > Programs > IBM HTTP Server > Start Key Management Utility.
UNIX: Start the iKeyman utility by running:
- From the Menu Bar select Key Database File
- Click NEW
- Type in a file name of new key database file.
- Specify the location on the hard drive where the .kdb file will be stored
- Click OK
- Enter a password
NOTE: This is the password that will be used to open the .kdb file in IKEYMAN in the future. Make sure to click the box that states Stash the password to a file.? This will encrypt the password and save the file as a .sth file in the same directory as the .kdb file.
- Click OK
Step 2. Generate the CSR
- Open the key database file(.kdb) using the IKEYMAN utility.
- In the middle of the IKEYMAN GUI, there will be a section called Key database content. Click on the down arrow to the right, to display a list of three choices
- Select "Personal Certificate Requests"
- From the Personal Certificate Requests section, click New
- Fill out the required information:
- Key Label is the name used to identify certificate in IKEYMAN. Using the Common Name (for example, www.bbtest.net) as the label is a good practice.
- Key Size must be at least 2048 bits. If the 2048 bit Key Size does not appear in the drop down list, refer to IBM Support.
- Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name, for example: www.bbtest.net
- Organization (O): If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll, for example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corportation or XY and Z Corportation.
- Organizational Unit (OU): This field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request, for example: IT Dept
- Country Name (C): Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US
- Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Mountain View
- State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California
- Enter the name of a file in which to store the certificate request. Saving this file(.arm) in the same directory as the (.kdb) file is recommended. Once the (.arm) file is saved, this completes the CSR generation process
- Proceed with Enrolment.
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.
For more information refer to IBM documentation
For more information for creating a key, please click here