This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Sybase EA Server. If you are not able to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends you to contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports Sybase EA Server.
To generate a CSR, you first need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match your private key. You will have to request a replacement SSL Certificate.
To generate a Private Key Pair and CSR, perform the steps bellow:
NOTE: All certificates must have a minimum of 2048 bit key size.
- Run the Security Manager application.
- Select the Private Keys folder.
- Select File > Key/Cert Wizard.
- Supply the required information:
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name to which your certificate will be issued.
- Organization: The full legal name of your company.
- Organizational Unit: Use this field to differentiate between divisions within an organization.
- City or Locality: Usually the city of your organization's main office, or a main office for your organization.
- State or Province: Enter the full name of your state or province.
Note: Make sure the State or Province is not abbreviated (e.g. California).
- Country: Enter the two-character abbreviation of country in which organization resides (e.g. US).
- Use Back and Next to review or change any information.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard. Security Manager generates the key pair and saves the certificate request to a file that you specify.
NOTE: The new private key appears on the right side of the window when you highlight the Private Keys folder. Once the certificate
is received and installed, the private key is removed from the private key list.
- Verify your CSR using the Symantec CryptoReport
- Go to the enrollment form and paste the information into the form when prompted for the CSR.
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, follow the steps from this link to install it on the server.