General Information ID : INFO1991
RapidSSL now offers the Symantec SSL Assistant to make it easy to generate a CSR and install a certificate for Red Hat servers.
This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, RapidSSL recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Redhat SWS.
Step 1: Install the SSL Certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate download link will be sent by email.
2. Download and extract the certificate zip file from the email.
3. To follow the naming convention for Red Hat, rename the certificate filename with the .crt extension.
For example: public.crt
4. Save the certificate into a file and give the name and path to that file to the SSLCertificateFile directive:
5. You need to add also the key file in as well (SSLCertificateKeyFile directive).
Step 2: Download and Install Intermediate CA Certificate
The intermediate is provided with the SSL certificate download link. If you do not have the intermediate, follow the steps below to download it.
1. Download the Intermediate CA certificate for your corresponding SSL product.
2. Copy the Intermediate CA certificate into a text file such as a Notepad.
3. Save the as file intermediate.crt
4. Place the file in the following directory: /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/intermediate.crt.
5. Add the following directive to your /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file, within the virtual host tags that define your secure Web server and with the other SSL directives:
For more information, see the Redhat Support website.