This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates for BEA Weblogic 6 & 7. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports WebLogic.
Step 1. Download Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download the Intermediate CA certificate from this link: INFO657
Select the appropriate Intermediate CA certificate for your SSL Certificate type.
NOTE: To check which certificate type you have purchased, follow the steps from this link: SO13499
- Copy the Intermediate CA certificate and paste it on a Notepad. Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the
BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white space, extra line breaks or additional characters
have been inadvertently added.
- Copy the intermediate certificate bundle into a text file and name it intermediate.pem
Step 2. Obtain the SSL Certificate
- The Symantec certificate will be sent by email. The certificate is included as an attachment (Cert.cer) and it is also imbedded in the body of the email.
- Copy and paste the certificate into a text file using Vi or Notepad
The text file should look like:
Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
You can also download the certificate from your Symantec Trust Center account by following the steps from this link: SO8061
NOTE: When downloading the certificate from your Symantec Trust Center account, please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
- Save the file with extension .pem
Step 3. Install the Intermediate CA and the SSL Certificate
- Open the BEA Administration Console.
- Open the Server Configuration window.
- Select the SSL tab. Define the fields on this tab by entering values and checking the required checkboxes.
Server Key File Name - Path to the private key file
Server Certificate File Name - Path to the SSL Certificate file
Server Certificate Chain File Name - Path to the Intermediate CA Certificate file
TrustedCA File Name - Path to the Intermediate CA Certificate file
- Select Use Encrypted Keys
- Click the Apply button to save your changes.
- Reboot WebLogic Server.
- To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Symantec Installation Checker
For more information, see the BEA Weblogic Support documentation