This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports Zeus.
Step 1. Download the Symantec Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download the Intermediate CA certificate from this link: INFO657
- Click on the Managed PKI for SSL tab.
- Select the appropriate Intermediate CA certificate for your SSL certificate type.
NOTE: To check which certificate type you have purchased, follow the steps from this link: SO22021
- Copy the Intermediate CA certificate and paste it on a Notepad.
- Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces,
extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
- Save the file as intermediate.pub. The file can be saved somewhere easy to access. For example: /usr/local/ssl
Step 2. Download your SSL Certificate
- Once your Managed PKI for SSL administrator has approved your Certificate request, you will receive an email with the Certificate
attached (cert.cer), as well as in the body of the email itself.
- Copy the certificate, imbedded in the body of the email and paste it into a text file using Vi or Notepad.
NOTE: Do not use Microsoft Word or other word processing programs that may add characters. Confirm that there are no extra lines
or spaces in the file.
The text file should look like:
NOTE: To download the certificate from your Managed PKI for SSL subscriber services page, see solution SO6621
Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
- Save the certificate as public.pub and place it along with the Intermediate.pub into a directory on the server. For example: /usr/local/ssl
Step 3. Install the SSL Certificate
- Creating a chained certificate is a matter of performing a few command line operations to 'cat' or combine your public certificate and the Symantec Intermediate certificate together.
NOTE: These operations cannot currently be performed from the web Admin Interface. In an example, if your public certificate is in the file 'my.pub' and the Intermediate certificate
is in the file 'Intermediate.pub', type the following command:
cat my.pub intermediate.pub > chained.pub
- Open the Zeus Web Controller. For example: http://server:9090
- From the left-hand menu click SSL Certificates
- Open the chained.pub file that was created earlier and copy all of the text. Paste this into the certificate text box.
- Click Ok
- To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Symantec Installation Checker