This document provides CSR generation instructions using F5 BIG IP 9.x or 10.x GUI. If you are not able to perform the steps on your server, Symantec recommends to contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports F5 BIG IP.
To generate a CSR, perform the following steps:
- Launch the F5 BIG IP Web GUI.
- Under Local Traffic click SSL Certificates.
- Click Create.
- Under General Properties give the certificate a name (this name will be used in the future to identify this certificate).
- Under Certificate Properties enter the following information:
- Issuer: Certificate Authority Symantec.
- Common name: The fully-qualified domain name to which your certificate will be issued.
- Division: This field is optional; but can be used to help identify certificates registered to an organization. The Organizational Unit (OU) field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request.
- Organization: The full legal name of your company.
- Locality, State or Province, Country: City, state, and country where the organization is located. Do not abbreviate.
- E-mail Address: Your email.
- Challenge Password, Confirm Password: Enter a password.
- Under Key Properties a key size ofat least 2048 must be selected.
- Click Finished.
- Provided will be the text of a Certificate Signing Request file.
- Verify your CSR
- Copy and paste the entire body of that file into the enrollment page when prompted.
Once the certificate has been issued, follow the steps from this link to install it on the server: SO16518