This document provides installation instructions for Netscreen. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports ScreenOS.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
To generate a Key Pair and CSR, perform the steps bellow:
- Open the WebUI
- From the Options menu, click Configuration, and then Date/Time.
NOTE: If the Options menu is not available, look for the Configuration option
- From the Date/Time page, click Sync Click with Client. Ensure that Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes is selected.
- From the options menu, click Network and then click DNS.
- Enter the Hostname of the device is the Hostname text box, and then enter the Domain name of the device is the Domain name text box. This two together will become the Common Name.
- From the options menu, click Objects, click Certificates, and then click New.
- Fill out all of the necessary fields:
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name to which your certificate will be issued.
- Organization: The full legal name of your company.
- Organizational Unit: Use this field to differentiate between divisions within an organization.
- City or Locality: Usually the city of your organization's main office, or a main office for your organization.
- State or Province: Enter the full name of your state or province.
Note: Make sure the State or Province is not abbreviated (e.g. California).
- Country: Enter the two-character abbreviation of country in which organization resides (e.g. US).
- Click Generate.
- You have just created a key pair and a CSR.
- Verify your CSR
- Copy and paste the CSR into the enrollment form when required
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, follow the steps from this link to install it on the server: INFO119