This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Nortel SSL Accelerator. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends that you contact Nortel.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
To generate a Key Pair and Certificate Signing Request, perform the steps bellow:
- Click SSL > Certificates > Generate > Request
- Select your newly created certificate identifier in the drop-down menu at the top
- Fill out the fields including the common name, organization and location information
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name to which your certificate will be issued.
- Organization: The full legal name of your company.
- Organizational Unit: Use this field to differentiate between divisions within an organization.
- City or Locality: Usually the city of your organization's main office, or a main office for your organization.
- State or Province: Enter the full name of your state or province.
Note: Make sure the State or Province is not abbreviated (e.g. California).
- Country: Enter the two-character abbreviation of country in which organization resides (e.g. US).
- Choose 2048 in the Key size field. This is most likely default
NOTE: SHA-1 Is recommended as the signature algorithm to use when generating your CSR.
Please contact Nortel or your server vendor to ensure your device is compatible.
- Click Update
- Click Apply button on the top of the screen
- Click Apply Changes
- Verify your CSR
- Open the file in a text editor that does not add extra characters (Notepad or Vi are recommended).
- Copy and paste the information into the enrollment form when required
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, follow the steps from this link to install it on the server: INFO121