This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates for BEA Weblogic 6 & 7. If unable to use these instructions for your server, Symantec recommends to contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports WebLogic.
Step 1. Download Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download the Intermediate CA certificates from this link.
- Select Managed PKI for SSL tab.
- Select the appropriate Intermediate CA certificate for your SSL Certificate type.
NOTE: To check which certificate type you have purchased, follow the steps from this link.
- Copy the Intermediate CA certificate and paste it on a Notepad.
- Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
- Save the file as intermediate.pem
Step 2. Obtain the SSL Certificate
- Once your Managed PKI for SSL administrator has approved your Certificate request, you will receive an email with
- Copy the certificate and paste it into a text file using Vi or Notepad.
NOTE: Do not use Microsoft Word or other word processing programs that may add characters.
Confirm that there are no extra lines or spaces in the file.
The text file should look like:
NOTE: Click here to download the certificate from your Managed PKI for SSL subscriber services page.
Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
- Save the file with extension .pem
Step 3. Install the Intermediate CA and the SSL Certificate
- Open the BEA Administration Console.
- Open the Server Configuration window.
- Select the SSL tab. Define the fields on this tab by entering values and checking the required checkboxes.
Server Key File Name - Path to the private key file
Server Certificate File Name - Path to the SSL Certificate file
Server Certificate Chain File Name - Path to the Intermediate CA Certificate file
TrustedCA File Name - Path to the Intermediate CA Certificate file
- Select Use Encrypted Keys.
- Click the Apply button to save your changes.
- Reboot WebLogic Server.
- To verify that the certificate is installed correctly, use the DigiCert Installation Checker.
For more information, see the BEA Weblogic Support documentation.