This document provides instructions for installing a SSL certificate for Apple Mac Server 5.0 for OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite and above. If you can not perform these steps on the server, please contact Apple Support.
Step 1. Download the SSL Certificate & Intermediate CA Certificate
- Download your certificate from the unique secure link we provide your technical contact via order fulfillment email.
- The ZIP file you downloaded contains the following certificates:
◦ SSL certificate (i.e. ssl_certificate.crt, also known as end entity certificate, public key certificate, digital certificate or identity certificate)
◦ Intermediate CA certificate (i.e. IntermediateCA.crt, also known as chained certificate or signer/issuer of the ssl certificate)
- Unzip the files onto the server where you will install the certificate.
Step 2: Installing the SSL Certificate
- On the Mac Server, launch Server application, Click Certificates on the left.
- Double-click the Pending certificate that you created when generating the CSR.
- Click and drag both the SSL certificate and Intermediate CA certificate files into the Certificate Files section.
- Click OK.
- Your new SSL certificate will be displayed within Certificates.
Step 4: Assigning the Certificate
- On the Certificates page, in the Secure services using drop-down list, select Custom.
- Under the Service Certificates window, in the Certificate drop-down list, select your new SSL Certificate for each Service you want to assign it to.
- When you are finished, click OK.