You will receive an email from Symantec with instructions for picking up your Digital ID.
- Copy (CTRL +C) your PIN from the e-mail.
- Follow the URL link to the pick up page.
- Paste (CTRL+V) the PIN into the field on the pickup page.
- Click the 'Submit' button to proceed.
Note: You must use Microsoft Internet Explorer to go to the pickup page so that Microsoft Outlook can locate the Digital ID installed in the browser.
Install the Digital ID:
- Click Tools > Accounts.
- Click on the Mail tab then click Properties.
- Under User Information, you should see your name and email address. Click the Security tab.
- You will see a box called Certificate. If empty, click Select.
- Choose your certificate by highlighting it and then click OK. The hash algorithm should state SHA-1.
- Repeat the same procedure for Encryption Preferences; however make sure the box next to Encryption algorithm states 3DES.
- Click OK.
Send a Signed Message:
- Open a new message.
- Click Tools > Digitally Sign.
- Complete and send the message.