After you receive an email from Symantec with instructions for picking up your Digital ID, do the following:
1. Copy (CTRL +C) your PIN from the email.
2. Follow the URL link to the pick up page.
3. Paste (CTRL+V) the PIN into the field on the pickup page.
4. Click the Submit button to proceed.
Install the Digital ID:
1. Open Outlook 2007 and select Tools > Trust Center > E-mail Security.
2. Under Encrypted e-mail, click Settings.
3. Under Certificates and Algorithms, there are two Choose buttons. The first allows you to select a certificate to digitally sign your e-mails and the second allows you to choose a Digital ID to encrypt your e-mails.
4. Click Choose and select your Digital ID.
5. Click OK.
Send a Signed Message:
1. Open a new message.
2. From the menu bar, click Message > Under Options (or Message), click Signing Icon (small envelope with red ribbon)
3. Complete and send the message.
Send an Encrypted Message:
To encrypt an email you need a copy of that person's Digital ID public key. When you receive a digitally signed email from that person:
1. Open the digitally signed email.
2. Right-click the name in the From field, and on the shortcut menu click Add To Contacts.
3. If you already have an entry for this person, click Update This Address.
4. Open a New message.
5. From the menu bar, click Message > Under Options (or Message), click Encryption Icon (small envelope with blue ribbon)
6. Complete and send the message.