Symantec is the most trusted mark on the Internet
- Symantec secures more than one million Web servers worldwide, more than any other Certificate Authority.
- The world’s 40 largest banks and over 93% of Fortune 500 companies choose Symantec SSL Certificates.
- Over 75% of Web sites using Extended Validation SSL choose Symantec, including biggest names in e-commerce and banking.
To enroll for a Managed PKI for SSL Certificate, you will need the following information:
- The Managed PKI for SSL Administrator that is responsible in providing the enrollment web site address and authorized to approve ssl requests
- The domain name that you wish to enroll for SSL certificate has been established from the Managed PKI for SSL account
- SSL certificate product units are available for certificate issuance
- The length of time for the certificate
- The number of servers hosting a single domain
- The server platform
- The organization, organizational unit, locality, state and country
- The common name. This is the host + domain name such as "www.symantec.com" or "symantec.com."
- The contact information such as first name, last name & email address for the delivery of ssl certificate issuance
- A Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file generated from the server you need to secure
Authentication and Verification
Upon completion of the enrollment process, your Managed PKI for SSL Administrator will be responsible for verification, approval & issuance of the requested ssl certificate.
Do not use any shift characters in any of the enrollment fields. If your company has an & or @ symbol in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it in the enrollment field.
The Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file should not contain any blank or trailing spaces.
- Organization - this field must match the Organization name assigned to the Managed PKI for SSL account
- Locality -this field is the city or town the organization is located in. This field should be spelled out completely
- State - this field needs to be spelled out completely. For example, "California" or "New York".
- Country - a two character country code needs to be used. For example, US for the United States, GB for the United Kingdom.
The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks like "www.symantec.com" or "symantec.com".
Symantec SSL certificates can only be used on Web servers using the Common Name specified during enrollment.
For example, an SSL certificate issued for the domain "www.symantec.com " will only function properly at "www.symantec.com". If "symantec.com" or "secure.symantec.com' is used to access the site, a mis-match error will appear as the SSL certificate is specifically assigned to "www.symantec.com".
Verify your CSR
Each organization has a unique Managed PKI for SSL enrollment page . Contact your Managed PKI for SSL Administrator to obtain the enrollment web site address