This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Zeus. If you are not able to perform these steps on your server, Symantec recommends you to contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports Zeus.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request perform the following steps:
- Open the Zeus Web Controller. For example: http://server:9090
- Click SSL Certificates > Certificates > Create
- Choose the option: Buy a certificate from another certifying authority
- Fill out all fields for the Certificate Signing Request.
The CSR needs to contain the following attributes:
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name to which your certificate will be issued.
- Organization: The full legal name of your company.
- Organizational Unit: Use this field to differentiate between divisions within an organization.
- City or Locality: Usually the city of your organization's main office, or a main office for your organization.
- State or Province: Enter the full name of your state or province.
Note: Make sure the State or Province is not abbreviated (e.g. California).
- Country: Enter the two-character abbreviation of country in which organization resides (e.g. US).
- Click OK.
- Verify your CSR
- Copy and paste the CSR file to a safe location and proceed wiht Enrollment.
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, follow the steps from this link to install it on the server: INFO260