This document provides Certificate Signing Request (CSR) instructions for Screen OS server. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, GeoTrust recommends that you contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports Screen OS server.
To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server.
Generating a Key Pair and CSR
NOTE: A key length of 1024 bit is the default, but GeoTrust recommends the use of a 2048 bit key.
- Open the WebUI.
- From the Options menu, click Configuration, then Date/Time.
- From the Date/Time page, click Sync Click with Client. Ensure that 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes' is selected.
- From the Options menu, click Network, then click DNS.
- Enter the Hostname of the device in the Hostname textbox. Enter the Domain name of the device in the Domain name textbox. These two together will become the Common Name.
- From the Options menu, click Objects, click Certificates, and then click New.
- Fill out all of the necessary fields and then click Generate.
You have just created a key pair and a CSR.
- To copy and paste the information into the enrollment form, open the file in a text editor that does not add extra characters (Notepad or Vi are recommended).
- Verify your CSR with the GeoTrust CSR Checker
- Copy and paste the CSR into the enrollment pages on the GeoTrust website.