This guide will explain the process for installing a certificate directly onto a SafeNet iKey token through Trust/Link. You must have the SafeNet Authentication Client already installed. You must also ensure that your iKey token is inserted into your computer and recognized while performing this process.
- You will receive a Registration Invitation email from TrustLink (do-not-reply) <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Click on the hyperlink in the email. This will open up Trust/Link in your browser.
- Enter in your email address and the answer to the Shared Secret question. If none is specified or you are not sure what the answer to your Shard Secret question is then you should contact QuoVadis support.
- Once you have authenticated, you will be presented with the Web Access Confirmation window. Click on Yes.
- Confirm that the details in your certificate are correct. If they are not, you should contact QuoVadis support.
- Select the SafeNet Smart Card Key Storage Provider as the Cryptographic Provider from the drop down list.
- Type in a strong password and confirm this password. You must satisfy all of the criteria marked off by X's beneath the entry field. As you satisfied this criteria, the red X's will turn into checkmarks. This password is currently limited to 12 characters.
- Once satisfied, click on the the Confirm button. If any of the required fields are not correct, you will prompted to redo any of the above steps.
- You will prompted with your token password. Enter in the password to your token. This is the password that you set while initialising your token.
- Once you have entered in your token password correctly, your token will flash.
- When you receive confirmation that Your request has been sent to be processed, you may close the webpage.
- You will receive a Notification of Certificate Ready for Download email from TrustLink (do-not-reply) <email@example.com>.
- Click on the hyperlink in the email. This will open up Trust/Link again in your browser.
- Enter in your email address and the password that you set in Step 7 of this guide.
- Once you have authenticated again, click on the Install Your Certificate button.
- You may be prompted with another Web Access Confirmation. If so then click on the Yes button.
- You may also be prompted to enter your token password again. If so then please enter in the password to your iKey token to continue.
- You will receive a window that confirms the successful installation of your certificate.
- The webpage will also change to confirm this.
Confirming That Your Certificate Is Installed Correctly
Open Internet Explorer with the token inserted into your computer.
Navigate to Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Certificates button.
In the Certificates window, select on the Personal tab and you should see your certificate in the list.
Double-click on this certificate. When the new window opens, you should see that You have a private key that corresponds with this certificate.