This knowledge base article explains the process for generating a CSR on Plesk 10.
- Login to the Plesk Control panel.
- Click on the Websites & Domains tab at the top. This will display various menu links and domains.
- Click on the SSL Certificates link.
- In the SSL Certificates section, click on Add SSL Certificate.
- Enter all the appropriate information for the certificate including:
Certificate name - Enter in a friendly name that will help you recognize this request within Plesk.
Bits - Select 2048 from the drop down list.
Country - Select the country from the drop-list where your Organisation is incorporated.
State or province - Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the parish, state or province name, for example: Pembroke or Georgia.
Location (City) - The locality field is the city or town name, for example: Hamilton or London.
Organization name (company) - This is the legal name of your organisation.
Organization department/division name - This optional field is the name of the department or other group making the request.
Domain name - This will be the Common Name of the certificate. The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks like secure.example.com or example.com.
E-mail - Enter in an email address that will be visible in the certificate.
- Once satisfied with the fields, click on the Request button.
- The Certificate name specified above will be added to the list in SSL Certificates. Click on it and then you should be able to see the CSR and private key pair.
- Copy the CSR and submit it to QuoVadis.