This guide will take you through the process of creating a CSR on Novell ConsoleOne.
- Open up Novell ConsoleOne on your server.
- Click the new object icon and in the dialog, select NDSPKI:Key Material as the type.
- When asked, select the server you wish to apply the certificate to.
- Select the Custom radio button from the list as the creation type and then click on Next.
- Select External Certificate Authority as the Certification Authority.
- Next, select 2048 bits as the RSA key size and mark the private key to be exported. Click on Next.
- Next you will have to edit the subject name of the Certificate Parameters. These are the fields that will populate the certificate.
Note: Unlike most SubjectDN entries, the input that
is expected does not use the comma symbol (,), but instead uses the
- Select the SHA1 algorithm. Click on Next.
- When satisfied, click on the Finish button. Your CSR will be generated into a *.b64 file.
- Submit the CSR to QuoVadis for processing.
Note: Remember the name that you choose for the
certificate object as you will install the certificate response from
QuoVadis into the same object to complete the installation.