Adobe®AIR™ Developer Certificate provides an assurance that the code for an application has not been altered or corrupted since its creation by the software author. All Adobe AIR applications require digital signatures before they can be installed by another user on a desktop. You can sign your application with a purchased digital certificate or prepare an Adobe AIRI file (unsigned application) that you'll sign at a later time.
Follow the steps below to sign Adobe®AIR™ applications:
- Request an Adobe®AIR™ Developer Certificate with this guide: SO9775
- In order to sign your files, you will be required to download the Adobe Air signing application. You can download it from the following link:
- Open AIR Application and Installer Settings from the Adobe Air application.
- Click Set button under Installer settings, next to Digital signature.
- In the Digital Signature dialog box, click Browse.
- Select the certificate.
- Enter a password.
- Click OK.
- The application now has the digital signature applied.