We provide unlimited, free reissues to customers via the End User Portal and the API for all Symantec, Thawte, GeoTrust and RapidSSL products.
End User Portal - Reissue Process
To reissue a certificate via the End User Portal, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Partner Center account and select End User Portal from the main menu, or alternatively click one of the links below:
- You will be asked to enter the following:
- Fully qualified domain name (Common Name) of the certificate (enter Organization Name for Code Signing) or Order ID
- A contact e-mail address listed in the certificate order (Corporate or Technical Contact)
- The 5-digit number displayed in the image
- Click Continue. A list of all certificates that meet the Common Name and contact e-mail criteria will appear.
- Under the View Order Information column, click the Request Access button next to the order being reissued
- An e-mail will be sent to the contact e-mail address provided with a link to the Order Access page
- Click the link to access the page, the details of the certificate order will appear.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click Reissue Certificate
- On the next page, enter the new CSR, check the box to agree to the Subscriber Agreement, then click Submit to complete the Reissue enrollment
- A certificate reissue does not revoke the original certificate. Please visit this link for steps to Revoke a Certificate. A certificate cannot be reissued once it has been revoked.
- We highly recommend using a new CSR to support the reissue request. Doing so will guarantee a new private key is generated.
Partner API - Reissue Process
To reissue a certificate via the API, follow the steps below:
- Submit a reissue request via the SOAP Order API
- Partner Code
- Partner Order ID
- Authentication Credentials
- Refer to section 3.5 of the Partner API Specification for more details.
NOTE: We highly recommend using a new CSR to support the reissue request. Doing so will guarantee a new private key is generated.