This document provides instructions for generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Lotus Domino 5.x. If this document can not be used on the server, RapidSSL recommends that the server vendor or the organization, which supports Lotus Domino be contacted.
NOTE: As of 1/12016 all certificates must be issued using the SHA-256 algorithm using at least a 2048-bit key length. It should be confirmed if the server can support a 2048 bit key and the SHA-256 algorithm.
Step 1: Generate a Private Key
- Launch the Domino Administration client.
- Select File-Open Server and select the Domino server you wish to administer
- Click the file tab
- Double click on Server Certificate Administration database (certsrv.nsf)
- From the administration panel, click System Databases and choose Open Domino Server Certificate Administration (CERTSRV.NSF) on the local machine.
- Click Create Key Ring.
- Enter a name for the key ring file in the "Key Ring File Name" field.
- Enter a password for the server key ring file in the "Key Ring Password" field.
Step 2: Generate a Certificate Signing Request
- Specify the components of your server's distinguished name.
The CSR needs to contain the following attributes
Country Name (C): Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US
State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California.
Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Mountain View.
Organization (O): If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll, for example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corportation or XY and Z Corportation.
Organizational Unit (OU): This field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request, for example: IT Dept
Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name, for example: "www.bbtest.net" or "bbtest.net".
- Click Create Key Ring.
- After you read the information about the key ring file and distinguished server name, click OK.
- Click Create Certificate Request.
- If you want to log information about this request in the Server Certificate Administration application, click Yes in the "Log Certificate Request" field. Otherwise, click No.
- Enter the password of the key ring file specified in Step 1.
- You have just created a key pair and a CSR.
- To copy and paste the information into the enrollment form, open the file in a Notepad or Vi that does not add extra characters.
- Proceed with Enrollment.
During the verification process, RapidSSL may need to contact your organization. Be sure to provide an email address, phone number and fax number that will be checked and responded to quickly. These fields are not part of the certificate.
Once the certificate has been issued, refer to this link for installation instructions.