To bind an SSL certificate in Microsoft IIS 7.0 or IIS 7.5, perform the following steps.
Step 1: Bind the SSL certificate to the web site:
- Click Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Browse to your server name > Sites > Your SSL-based site
- In the Actions pane, click Bindings
- In the Site Bindings window, If there is no existing https binding, choose Add and change Type from HTTP to HTTPS.
NOTE: If there is already a https binding, select it and click Edit.
- From the SSL Certificate drop down, Select the Friendly Name for the SSL certificate that will be used for this site.
- Click OK
Step 2: Verify certificate installation
- Stop and start your Web server prior to any testing.
NOTE: In some cases the changes may not take place after restarting IIS Services and a re-boot is needed.
- Verify your installation with the DigiCert SSL Certificate Checker
If you do not specify an IP address when installing your SSL Certificate, the same ID will be used for all virtual servers
created on the system.
If you are hosting multiple sites on a single server, you can specify that the ID only be used for a particular server IP address.