Solution ID : SO14490
This document provides installation instructions for Exchange 2003. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, RapidSSL recommends that you contact Microsoft.
Step 1: Obtain the RapidSSL certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate download link will be sent by email.
2. Download and extract the certificate zip file from the email.
1. Click Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange > System Manager
2. If the Display administrative groups option is turned on, expand Administrative Groups,
then expand First Administrative Group (where First Administrative Group is the name
of your administrative group)
Note: To display administrative groups, right-click Your_Organization > Properties >
Display administrative groups check box, click OK twice, and then restart Exchange
3. Expand Servers, expand the Exchange Server container that you want to configure,
and then expand the Protocols container
4. Expand each protocol that you want to configure, right-click the
Default Protocol_Name virtual server object click Properties
5. Click the Access tab > Certificate
6. The Web Server Certificate Wizard starts and you receive notification that you have a
pending certificate request, click Next
7. On the Pending Certificate Request page, click Process the pending request and
install the certificate, and then click Next
8. In the Process a Pending Request box, type the path of the certificate that you
received from the external CA
9. Review the Certificate Summary page, and then click Next
Note: The information that is contained in the certificate includes issuer, expiry date,
what the certificate is to be used for. The certificate friendly name that appears on
the Certificate Summary page is also included.
10. After you receive notification that the certificate is successfully installed on the
virtual server, click Finish.
The source of these instructions is Microsoft Article 823024.