To install your SSL Web Server certificate on CPanel, follow the instructions below:
Step1. Download your SSL Web Server certificate with the Intermediate required.
1. You will receive an email when your certificate is issued.
2. Download the Thawte Certificate with the solution: SO13187
3. Copy and Paste the Thawte certificate in the X509 format to Notepad and save as a cert.crt extension.
4. Download the Thawte Intermediate CA for SSL Web Server certificates: AR1384
Step2. Install your SSL Web Server certificate
1. Click the Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain
link in the SSL/TLS
2. Enter the domain
, user name
and IP address
for the certificate in the Domain, User, and IP Address fields.
3. Click the Fetch
button to paste the .key
files for the domain into the available display spaces, if they are currently on your server. Otherwise, copy and& paste the .key and .crt files into the available display areas.
if you generated the certificate using WebHostManager
, the certificate files will be available.
4. Replace the existing .cert file with cert.crt file
Step3. Install the Intermediate Certificate
1. Copy and paste the Intermediate certificate into the available ca-bundle display area below.
2. Click the Do It
Your certificates are now installed.
WHM (Web Hosting Manager)
WebHost Manager is the control center of the CPanel / WebHost Manager package. It is used to set up and manage accounts. Use WHM to install your issued certificate.
Once you have received an SSL certificate, you can install the certificate using WebHost Manager. You need both the certificate and key files to install the certificate.
For more information have a look at the WHM documentation: http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/index.html