This document provides installation instructions for cPanel 11. If you are not able to perform these steps on your server, Thawte recommends that you contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports cPanel.
Step 1: Download the Thawte Intermediate CA certificate
- Download the Intermediate CA certificate from this link: INFO1384
Select the appropriate Intermediate CA certificate for your SSL Certificate type.
- Copy the Intermediate CA certificate and paste it on a Notepad.
- Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
- Save the file as Intermediate.txt
Step 2: Download your SSL Certificate
- The Thawte certificate will be sent by email. The certificate is included as an attachment (Cert.cer) and it is also imbedded in the body of the email.
- Copy and paste the certificate into a text file (save as public.crt or public.txt) using Vi or Notepad.
Do not use Microsoft Word or other word processing programs that may add characters.
The text file should look like:
Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white space, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
NOTE: You can also download the certificate from your Thawte Certificate Center account by following the steps from this link: SO13187
Thawte Certificate Center Enterprise certificate can be downloaded following the steps from this link: SO12914
- When downloading the certificate, please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
Step 3: Install your SSL Certificate
- Login to cPanel
- Under Security click on the SSL/TLS Manager icon.
- Click the link Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
- Paste the CSR you supplied to the Certificate Authority with Certificate Signing Request (CSR) section above.
- When the page loads, click the Browse button and locate the CRT file (SSL certificate) or if you have highlighted
and copied the contents of your CRT file, paste it in the Upload a New Certificate text box.
- Click on the Upload button.
Step 4: Activate SSL on the Web Site in WHS (HTTPS)
- Click the link Setup a SSL certificate to work with your site in WHS
- Under Install/Update a SSL Host, select the domain from the Domain drop down list.
The system will attempt to Fetch the SSL Certificate and Private key.
- In the box labeled CA Bundle, paste the contents of the Intermediate CA bundle file downloaded in Step 1.
- Click on Install Certificate.
- The certificate is now added to the server and assigned to the domain.
- To verify if your certificate is installed correctly, use the Thawte Installation Checker
For additional information please refer to Cpanel 11 Documentation.