To install your SSL Web Server certificate on a Plesk 7.0 server, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Obtain the Thawte SSL Web Server certificate Intermediate CA certificate
a) Download the Thawte Intermediate CA for SSL Web Server certificate: AR1384
Be sure to use Vi or Notepad as word processing programs like Microsoft Wordpad may add additional characters that may render the certificate unusable.
b) Copy and paste the Intermediate CA into a text file and save as intermediate.txt
c) Download your certificate as per the instruction on the following solution: SO13187
, be sure to save it as certificate.txt
Step2. Installing your SSL Web Server certificate:
1. Login to the Plesk 7 Control Panel.
2. From the left hand menu, select 'Domains'.
3. Click on the domain name that the certificate is for.
4. Click on the 'Certificates' menu item.
5. There is a button in the middle of the page labelled 'Browse'. Click 'Browse' and navigate to the location of the saved site certificate you downloaded from your account.. Selecting it, then select 'Send File', this will upload and install the certificate against the corresponding Private Key.
6. The certificate name will now appear in the list of certificates at the bottom of the page.
7. Click on the name of the Certificate from the list.
8. The box on the page labelled 'CA Certificate'. You will need to paste Intermediate CA you have downloaded into this box.
Note: The certificates must be pasted the order that you have received it on the article in Step1
9. Click the 'Send Text' button.
10. Now click 'Up Level' from the top right of the screen and choose 'Setup'.
11. At the top of the page, change the 'SSL Certificate' drop-down menu to the certificate you have just installed.
12. Click the 'Server' item from the left hand menu.
13. Click the 'Service Management' menu item.
14. You now need to Stop and Start the Apache process.