To install your SSL Web Server certificate on a Plesk 8.0 server, perform the following steps:
- Download your certificate, in standard X.509 format, as per the instruction on the following solution: SO13187
Save this file as 'server-cert.txt'.
- Download the Thawte Intermediate CA for SSL Web Server certificate: AR1384
- Login to the Plesk 8 Control Panel.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the 'Domains' section, click on the domain name that the certificate is for.
- In the 'Services' section, click the 'Certificates' icon.
- In the 'Certificates' section, click the certificate request (it will have a colored icon in the 'R' column). Take note of the certificate name.
- In the 'Upload certificate as text' section:
- Click the 'Send Text' button. This will install the server certificate. Repeat these steps to install the Intermediate CA as well
- Return to Home screen, then click on the domain name for the certificate in the 'Domains' section.
- Click the 'Setup' icon in the 'Hosting' section.
- At the top of the page, select the new certificate in the 'Certificate' drop-down menu. If there is no Certificate drop-down box on the screen, this means that the website is on a shared hosting account; contact the administrator and request a dedicated IP address.
- Ensure the 'SSL support' check box is selected, then click 'OK'.