To install your SSL Web Server certificate into an Apple Powerschool Server, perform the following steps:
Step1. Download your Thawte certificate
1. You will receive an email when your certificate is issued.
2. Download your certificate as per the instruction on the following solution: SO13187
3. Select the 'PKCS#7'
format option and click 'Pick Up certificate'
4. Copy and Paste your Thawte certificate to Notepad and save as a certificate.pem
5. Save the file with the name certificate.pem to the .../PowerSchool/System/Security/ folder.
Note: The SSL Certificate and private key are now installed. It is recommended that you maintain a copy (backup) of your private key (keyout.pem) file in a secure location.
Step2. Configure SSL Web Settings:
The PowerSchool server allows enabling SSL web independently from SSL PowerGrade. This section covers how to configure SSL web and assumes you completed the steps in the section "SSL Certificate."
1. Start the PowerSchool server.
2. Log in as the administrator.
3. Click System Administrator.
4. Click System Settings.
5. Click Server Settings.
6. Select the SSL checkbox for the web server in the Web Server Settings section.
Note: It is not necessary to modify the port number. SSL web will use only port 80 to redirect hits to an SSL connection and port 443 for SSL connections. Leave the remaining settings the same.
7. Click Submit. The PowerSchool server will reset. If the SSL Certificate file, private key file, and SSL private key password are correct, the PowerSchool server will now only use SSL for web server communication.