To install the Thawte SGC (Server Gated Cryptography SSL) certificate into CPanel Mail Server, perform the following steps:
Fetch your certificate
1. You will receive an email when your certificate is issued.
2. Download the Thawte Certificate with the solution: SO13187
3. Copy and Paste the Thawte certificate in the X509
format to Notepad and save as a cert.pem extension.
4. You will also be required to download the intermediate certificate. It is called the Thawte SGC (Server Gated Cryptography SSL) SuperCert Intermediate CA certificate
and can be downloaded from: and save as intermediate.pem
Install your certificate
1. Create a new file (yourcert.pem) consisting of your private key and your certificate file:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
3. Then save the file as yourcert.pem in the /etc/ssl/certs/ directory.
4. Copy the intermediate.pem file to the /etc/ssl/certs/ directory.
5. When you are setting up the SSL support you will need to access the stunnel configuration file which will probably be available at:
6. Open the stunnel.conf and locate the following directives (they may be commented out by #). It may be necessary to add the above directives if they are not present.
7. Restart your web / mail service for the installation to be completed. In some instances, it may be necessary to physically restart the actual machine.