To install your certificate on a BEA Weblogic 6.0 server, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Obtain the GeoTrust Intermediate CA Certificate
a) Download the GeoTrust Intermediate CA Certificate from the following solution: AR1421
Note: Be sure to use Vi or Notepad as word processing programs like Microsoft Notepad may add additional characters that may render the certificate unusable.
b) Copy and paste the GeoTrust Intermediate CA into a text file and save as "intermediate.crt".
Step 2: Download your certificate
1. Download your certificate as per the instruction on the following solutions.
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal (e.g., certificate purchased through Retail or Partners), refer to solution SO15168
2. Rename the certificate filename with the .pem extension. For example: cert.pem
Step 3. Update WebLogic properties file:
1. Open the "weblogic.properties" file in a text editor. This file is located in the server's root directory
2. Edit the following directives contained within the "weblogic.properies" file, under Server certificates for SSL:
3. Stop and start your WebLogic Server.