To install your GeoTrust True BusinessID with EV on C2Net Stronghold, follow the instructions below:
This document provides instructions for installing your certificate. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, we recommend that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports C2Net Stronghold.
Step 1: Obtain the GeoTrust SSL Extended Validation Root CA Certificate
a) Download the GeoTrust EV Intermediate CA from the following solution: INFO1421
Note: Be sure to use Vi or Notepad as word processing programs like Microsoft Notepad may add additional characters that may render the certificate unusable.
b) Copy and paste the Intermediate CA into a text file and save as "intermediate.txt".
Step 2: Install your GeoTrust True BusinessID with EV
1. Download your certificate as per the instruction on the following solution:
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal (e.g., certificate purchased through Retail or Partners), refer to solution SO15168
2. If you already have a temp cert in your /ServerRoot/ssl/certs
directory, move or delete it. Run the command "getca servername
" where "servername" is the same name created during generation of the key or certificate request ("genkey servername" or "genreq servername
3. Return to the notepad file: cert.txt
containing the certificate and copy and the content, as shown below, to your clipboard:
4. Paste the contents into the terminal window where you've run "getca".
5. Enter Control-D or the appropriate EOF character for your terminal.
Step 3: Installing the Intermediate CA Certificate
1. Change the SSLCACertificateFile directive in your httpd.conf file to this: SSLCACertificateFile certs/intermediate-ca.cert
2. Return to the notepad file: intermediate.txt listed above and copy the certificate contents as shown below to the clipboard:
3.Paste the content into the file "ssl/certs/intermediate-ca.cert" located in your ServerRoot directory.
4. Restart the server, in order for the settings to take effect.