To install your QuickSSL Premium certificate on Cpanel, perform the following steps:
This document provides instructions for installing your SSL certificate. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, we recommend that you contact either the vendor of your software or an organization that supports CPanel.
Step 1: Obtain the GeoTrust DV CA Certificate
a) Download the GeoTrust DV CA from the following solution: SO15703
Step 2: Download your certificate
- Download your certificate as per the instruction on the following solution:
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal (e.g., certificate purchased through Retail or Partners), refer to solution SO15168
Copy and paste the contents into a text editor like "Notepad" and save it . Change the file extension from .txt to .crt. This is the recommended file type for Cpanel.
The format of the certificate should look like this:
Step 3. Install your QuickSSL Premium certificate
- Click on the "Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates" link.
- Paste the CSR you supplied to the Certificate Authority with "Certificate Signing Request (CSR)" section above.
- When the page loads, click the "Browse" button and locate the CRT file (SSL certificate).
- Or if you have highlighted and copied the contents of your CRT file, paste it in the "Upload a New Certificate" text box.
- Click on the "Upload" button.
Step 4. Install the Intermediate Certificate and assigning the SSL certificate on the Web Site (HTTPS)
Note: This step must be done prior to using the SSL Certificate.
- Click on the "Setup a SSL certificate to work with your site" link.
- Select the appropriate domain from the "Domain" drop down menu. The system will attempt to "Fetch" the SSL Certificate and Private key.
- In the box labeled CA Bundle, paste the contents of the CA Bundle file you have downloaded from Step 1 a)
- Click on Install Certificate.
- The certificate is now added to the server and assigned to the domain.
For additional information please refer to Cpanel 11 Documentation