To install a QuickSSL certificate on a Java server, perform the following steps:
Step1. Download your certificate
1. You will receive an email when your certificate is issued.
2. You require your certificate in PKCS#7
format, to download your certificate as per the instruction on the following solution:
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal (e.g., certificate purchased through Retail or Partners), refer to solution SO15168
3. Copy and Paste your GeoTrust certificate to Notepad and save as a certificate.txt
Step2. Import the Certifcate into the Keystore:
keytool -import -trustcacerts -file [cert_file_name_here] -keystore [keystore_name_here] -alias [keyentry_name_here]
Note: The SSL Port needs to be enabled on Jetty Java HTTP Servlet Web Server as well as on any firewall/s or router/s in place.