To install the QuickSSL Premium certificate in Microsoft IIS 6.0 follow the instructions below:
Step 1 : Download your certificate
1. You will receive an email when your certificate is issued.
2. You require your certificate in PKCS#7 format, to download it in this format, perform the steps on the following solutions.
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal, refer to solution SO15168
If the certificate was installed in the X.509 format , the Intermediate CA certificate for QuickSSL Premium will need to be installed separately on the server. Please
the steps listed in the following solution SO15687
Step 2. Install the SSL Certificate
- Open Internet Services Manager, or the custom MMC containing the Internet Information Services snap-in.
- Expand Internet Information Services (if needed) and browse to the Web site you have a pending certificate request on.
- Right-click on the site and then click Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Under the Secure Communications section, click Server Certificate.
- On the Web Site Certificate Wizard, click Next.
- Choose to Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate. Click Next
Important: The pending request must match the response file. If the pending request was deleted, a new CSR must be generated and used to replace the certificate.
- Type in the location of the certificate response file (you may also browse to the file), and then click Next.
NOTE: By default the wizard will look for a ".cer" file. Click the drop-down arrow next to File Types, and select All Files. Then Browse to the location where the certificate.p7b file was saved.
- Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct certificate, and then click Next.
- You will see a confirmation screen. When you have read this information, click Next.
- Right click the web-site to go into properties. From there click the web-site tab.
- Make sure that the secure port 443 is enabled and an IP address is assigned.
Step 3: Verify certificate installation
To verify the SSL certificate installation, use the Installation Checker
In some rare cases, a restart of IIS or a reboot of the server may be necessary in order for the changes to take affect.