To install the certificate in Microsoft IIS 6.0 follow the instructions below:
Step 1. Download the certificate:
1. Download the certificate in PKCS#7 format. Follow the solution below based on the portal the certificate was issued from.
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal, refer to solution SO15183
2. Save the certificate with a .p7b extension, example certificate.p7b
Step 2. Installing the certificate:
1. Open Internet Services Manager, or the custom MMC containing the Internet Information Services snap-in.
2. Expand Internet Information Services (if needed) and browse to the Web site you have a pending certificate request on.
3. Right-click on the site and then click Properties.
4. Click the Directory Security tab.
5. Under the Secure Communications section, click Server Certificate.
6. On the Web Site Certificate Wizard, click Next.
7. Choose to Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate. Click Next.
Important: The pending request must match the response file. If the pending request was deleted, a new CSR must be generated and used to replace the certificate.
8. Type in the location of the certificate response file (you may also browse to the file), and then click Next.
Note: By default the wizard will look for a ".cer" file. Click the drop-down arrow next to File Types, and select All Files. Then browse to the location where the certificate.p7b file was saved.
9. Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct certificate, and then click Next.
10. You will see a confirmation screen. When you have read this information, click Next.
11. Right click the web-site to go into properties. From there click the web-site tab.
12. Make sure that the secure port 443 is enabled and an IP address is assigned.
This completes the installation of the SSL certificate. Be sure to use https:// when testing secure connectivity to the site