To install the GeoTrust True BusinessID with EV on Microsoft IIS 6.0, perform the steps below:
Installing a GeoTrust True BusinessID with EV SSL Certificate
GeoTrust will send you the Extended Validation SSL certificate via email. It is best to ignore the certificate in this mail, and instead download your certificate in PKCS#7 format, and install this file instead.
Step 1. Download the certificate
- Download the certificate in PKCS#7 format. Follow the solution below based on the portal the certificate was issued from:
- GeoTrust Security Center, refer to solution SO22158
- GeoTrust Enterprise Security Center, refer to solution SO21128
- GeoTrust User Portal, refer to solution SO15183
- Save the certificate with a .p7b extension, for example certificate.p7b
Step 2. Install the SSL Certificate
- Open the Internet Services Manager (IIS). Click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Under Web Sites, right-click your web site and select Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Under Secure Communications, click Server Certificate.
- The Web Site Certificate Wizard will open, click Next.
- Choose Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate, then click Next.
Important: The pending request must match the response file. If the pending request was deleted, a new CSR must be generated and used to replace the certificate.
- Select the location of the certificate response file, and then click Next.
- Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct certificate and then click Next.
- At the confirmation screen, verify the information and click Next.
Note: This completes the installation of the SSL certificate and the necessary Extended Validation CA certificates.
Stop and start your Web server prior to any testing. Be sure to assign your site an SSL port (443 by default). If you do not specify an IP address when installing your SSL Certificate, the same ID will be used for all virtual servers created on the system. If you are hosting multiple sites on a single server, you can specify that the ID only be used for a particular server IP address.