Step 1 - Download your certificate:
- Please log into your account and download the certificate using the server platform "Apache" / "HTTP Server". You will receive a .ZIP file with the server certificate and Intermediate certificate. Please use these two files along with the private key that was generated along side your CSR for the installation.
Enterprise Security Center
Certificates purchased through Partners. Please select X.509 as the format and also download the Additional Certificate.
Step 2 - Configure the Apache server
- Locate the Apache configuration file (example httpd.conf), the configuration file name can be different depending on your Apache version or flavour. The configuration file will need to be updated to reference your server certificate, private key and intermediate certificate files.
- In the Virtual Host settings for your site, locate the SSL certificate settings section and verify that you have the following 3 directives within the Virtual Host. Please add them in if they are not present:
- SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/ssl/crt/public.crt <-- This is your server certificate file for your domain
- SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/ssl/private/private.key <-- This is your private key file
- SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/ssl/crt/intermediate.crt <-- This is your intermediate certificate.
Note: As with the example above, the file names can be public.crt, private.key & intermediate.crt. Your server however may use a different naming convention. If you are using a different file location than the example above, you will need to change the paths to match your files on the server.
- Save your Apache configuration file and restart Apache. (If Apache fails to start, check the error logs for clues)
- Verify the installation of the GeoTrust certificate chain using our SSL checker.