Step 1. Download RapidSSL CA Certificates:
1. Go to RapidSSL Intermediate CA Certificates page.
2. Download the Intermediate CA certificate according to your SSL product.
3. Copy and paste it to a Notepad.
Note: Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE
and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
4. Save the file as Intermediate.txt
Step 2. Obtain the RapidSSL SSL Certificate
1. The RapidSSL certificate will be sent by email.
2. Copy the certificate imbedded in the body of the email and paste it into a text file using Vi or Notepad.
The text file should look like:
3. Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and
that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
NOTE: The certificate can be also downloaded from the RapidSSL User Portal by
following the steps from this link: SO16222
Please select X.509 as a certificate format and copy only the End Entity Certificate.
4. Paste the certificate on a Notepad
5. Open the Intermediate.txt file from Step 1, copy the content and paste it right bellow your certificate.
6. The file should look like this when finished:
(Your SSL certificate)
7. Save the file as Mycert.pem
Step 3: Install the SSL Certificate
1. Using the java keytool utility, import the pem file you created above using the following command:
keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore /path_to_keystore/mykeystore -file Mycert.pem
NOTE: The command should be typed on one line. This command imports the certificate into the
keystore named mykeystore in the working directory. Your keystore path and name may be different.
Step 4: Configure the Identity and Trust keystores for WebLogic Server
1. In the left pane of the Console, expand Environment and select Servers.
2. Click the name of the server for which you want to configure the identity and trust keystores.
3. Select Configuration > Keystores.
4. By default, WebLogic ships with demo certificates for testing purposes.
5. Click the 'Change' link in the upper-right portion of the configuration items.
This will display the drop-down list of options for configuration.
6. Choose 'Custom Identity and Java Standard Trust' from the list.
7. Specify the identity keystore information:
8. Click 'continue'
[Review SSL Private Key Settings]
9. Click 'continue'
10. Click Finish.
11. Reboot WebLogic Server.
12. Verify certificate installation using the RapidSSL Installation Checker
For more information, refer to Weblogic documentation