The Intermediate CA
To install the RapidSSL Intermediate CA Certificate on Microsoft IIS 5, 6, 7 and 8 servers, as well as on Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 systems, preform the steps below on the server:
Step 1: Download RapidSSL Intermediate CA Certificate
1. Go to RapidSSL Intermediate CA Certificates page.
2. Select the Intermediate CA Certificate for your server certificate type.
3. Copy and paste the contents of the Intermediate CA Certificate into Notepad.
4. Save the file as intermediate.cer on your server.
Step 2: Create a Certificate Snap-in
1. From the Web server, click Start > Run
2. In the text box, type mmc
3. Click OK
4. From the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) menu bar, select Console (in IIS 5) or File (in IIS 6, 7 and 8) > Add/Remove Snap-in
5. Click Add
6. From the list of snap-ins, select Certificates
7. Click Add
8. Select Computer account
9. Click Next
10. Select Local computer (the computer this console is running on)
11. Click Finish
12. In the snap-in list window, click Close
13. In the Add/Remove Snap-in window, click OK
14. Save these console settings for future use.
Step 3: Install the RapidSSL Intermediate CA certificate
1. From the left pane, click Intermediate Certification Authorities
2. Right-click Certificates
3. Click All Tasks > Import
4. A Certificate Import Wizard, click Next
5. Select the Intermediate CA Certificate file
6. Click Next
7. Select Place all certificates in the following store: Intermediate Certification Authorities
8. Click Next
9. Click Finish
10. Restart the IIS services (iisreset).