To install a certificate into a Microsoft ISA server
Step 1: Export SSL certificate from IIS 6.0
For export instructions for Microsoft IIS 6.0 refer to SO10438
Step 2: Import SSL certificate for Microsoft ISA
For import instructions for Microsoft ISA (use Microsoft IIS 6.0 import instructions), refer to SO17241
Step 3: Assign SSL certificate to a web service on Microsoft ISA 2006
- Open the properties of the Firewall Policy
- Click on the Listener tab, and click Properties button
- Click on the Certificates tab
- Select Use a single certificate for this Web Listener and select the correct Certificate.
- Return to the main console and Apply the changes
Note: Make sure to reboot the entire server. Restarting the services will not work.
SSL bridging means communication between the ISA server and back-end server will be secured by https. SSL bridging is automatically enabled on ISA servers. If you would like to turn this off: