To reissue a Thawte SSL certificate purchased from a Reseller, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
Step 2: Access the Thawte User Portal for SSL certificate re-issuance
- Provide the following information requested and click Continue:
- Common Name or Order ID
- Technical Contact's e-mail address associated with the SSL order
Note: If you do not know the Technical Contact's email address, you will need to contact the Reseller that you purchased the certificate with to replace your SSL certificate.
- The Image Number generated from the Thawte User Authentication page
- Click Request Access against the correct order ID
Note: If you have exceeded maximum (3) daily attempts to access the User Portal, you will need to wait 24 hours since your first attempt in order to request access again.
- An e-mail will be sent to the Technical Contact's e-mail address specified above
- Click on the link listed in the e-mail to access the User Portal
- Click the Reissue Certificate option in the left hand column
Note: If the Reissue option is not available or greyed out in the User Portal, please contact Technical Support.
- On the following screen select your Hashing Algorithm, then copy and paste the new CSR.
- Accept the Subscriber Agreement and click Submit
- After the order is processed and approved, the SSL certificate will be re-issued and sent to the Technical Contact's email address listed on the order.