To re-issue a Symantec SSL certificate obtained from a Partner Center, perform the following steps.
Step 1: Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
Click here for assistance with generating a CSR
Note: The Distinguished Name (DN) information on the new CSR must match the original Distinguished Name (DN) information of the certificate you are replacing.
Step 2: Access the Symantec User Portal for SSL certificate re-issuance
- Go to https://products.websecurity.symantec.com/orders/orderinformation/authentication.do
- Provide the following information requested and click Continue:
- Common Name or Order ID
- Technical Contact's e-mail address associated with the SSL order
Note: If you do not know the Technical Contact's email address, you will need to contact the Reseller that you purchased the certificate with to replace your SSL certificate.
- The Image Number generated from the Symantec User Authentication page
- Click Request Access against the correct order ID
- An e-mail will be sent to the Technical Contact's e-mail address specified above
- Click on the link listed in the e-mail to access the User Portal
- Click the Replace Certificate option in the left hand column
Note: If the Replace Certificate option is grayed out in the User Portal please contact the Customer Support Department to request a manual re-issuance
Chat: Chat support
- On the following screen select your Hashing Algorithm, then copy and paste the new CSR.
Note: If the SSL certificate that is being replaced contains Subject Alternative Names (SANs), you will need to select one of the following Redeem options:
- Edit & Add Additional Domains
- Edit & Delete Additional Domains
- Reissue without changing the values of the Additional Domains
- Accept the Subscriber Agreement, click Submit
- After the order is processed and approved, the SSL certificate will be re-issued and sent to the Technical Contact's email address listed on the order
Note: Any changes for Common Name during a replacement will require manual approval which may delay the issuance of the replacement order