To export a Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Authenticode (Multi-Purpose) or Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Office and VBA in .PFX format from Internet Explorer, perform the following steps:
- From the menu bar, click Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Certificates.
- In the Personal tab, select the certificate you wish to export. Click Export.
- The Certificate Export Wizard will open, click Next > Select Yes, Export the Private Key > Click Next
- Manually check the option box "Include all certificates in the certification path if possible" > Click Next
- Enter the password to protect the certificate and private key being exported. Enter this password again to confirm then click Next
- Click Browse to the directory where you wish to store the file and select a file name
- Click Save > Next > Finish
Import a Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Authenticode (Multi-Purpose) or Thawte Code Signing for Microsoft Office and VBA
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Certificates > Import. The Certificate Wizard opens.
3. Browse to the certificate you want to import
4. Click Next
5. Enter the password that was created during certificate export
6. Click the checkbox Mark the key as exportable
7. Select the option to Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate
8. Click Finish.