This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates for MAC OS X 10.6 server. If you are unable to use these instructions for your server, DigiCert recommends that you contact Apple.
Step 1: Download and Install Intermediate CAs:
- Download the Intermediate CA certificate from this link:
- Select the appropriate Intermediate CA certificate for your SSL Certificate type.
NOTE: If you are not sure which certificate you have purchased, follow these steps from this link: SO22021
- Once you have downloaded the Intermediate CA certificate, upload it together with your SSL certificate and private key by using the Server Admin.
- Open Server Admin and click on Certificates
- Click the "+" sign and then choose Import a Certificate Identity
- Open up the plus sign as indicated in the diagram.
- Select Import a Certificate Identity
- Drag the 3 files into the windows as indicated in the diagram:
a) Your private key file. This was the private key created on the server. For more information please refer to this link: SO22057
b) Your SSL certificate file. This was the SSL certificate you received via email from the Managed PKI for SSL administrator.
NOTE: If you have not received the certificate via e-mail you can download the certificate from Managed PKI for SSL
subscriber services page by following the steps from this link: SO6621
Please download the certificate in X.509 format.
c) Your Intermediate certificate file from Step 1 mentioned above.
Step 2: Assign the SSL Certificate to your website
- On the left window. Click Web.
- Click Sites.
- Choose the site you want to select the certificate onto.
- Click the Security tab.
- Check Enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Choose the SSL certificate.
- At the prompt "Do you want to restart Web now?" Choose Yes.
- Verify your installation with the DigiCert Installation Checker