This document provides CSR generation instructions using Citrix Access Gateway 4.x. If you are not able to perform the steps on your server, Symantec recommends to contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports Citrix.
NOTE: To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match.
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for Citrix Access Gateway 4.x, perform the following steps:
- In the Administration Tool, Click on the Access Gateway Cluster tab.
- In the Certificate Signing Request tab, enter all the required fields as requested.
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name to which your certificate will be issued.
- Organization: The full legal name of your company.
- Organizational Unit: Use this field to differentiate between divisions within an organization.
- City or Locality: Usually the city of your organization's main office, or a main office for your organization.
- State or Province: Enter the full name of your state or province.
Note: Make sure the State or Province is not abbreviated (e.g. California).
- Country: Enter the two-character abbreviation of country in which organization resides (e.g. US).
- Key length: Must be at least 2048 bit.
- Enter a password for your private key and keep it save as you need this password to install your SSL certificate once it's issued from Symantec.
- Click on Generate Request to create a CSR file and save it on your computer.
- Verify your CSR.
- Proceed with Enrolment and paste the CSR in the enrolment form when required.
Once the SSL certificate has been issued, follow the steps from this link to install it on the server.
Citrix Access Gateway
For more information, refer to Citrix support.